About Rebecca Williams, CNM
Since the birth of my first daughter in 1978 at a birth center in California, followed by the home births of my middle daughter and son, I have been committed to out-of-hospital births. In February of 2004 I moved from Virginia to Salt Lake City and a month later I opened my practice, Holladay Women’s HealthCare. In September 2008, I moved my practice to Murray, Utah and changed the name to Great Expectations Birth Care to reflect the new facility and expanded birth choices. I love having the opportunity to participate in births that are so “RIGHT”, both for me and the families I care for.
The concept of “women-centered care” is at the heart of my healthcare provider philosophy. I am an advanced nurse practitioner with training in obstetrics, gynecology, family planning and women’s health issues. As a certified nurse-midwife I can prescribe medication, make referrals to other healthcare providers if needed, as well as order any necessary laboratory or diagnostic testing.
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Care
- Home or Birth Suite Births
- Water births
- Well-women Care
- Gynecology Care
- Family Planning including IUDs
- Annual Exams
- Preconception Counseling
- Associate Degree in Nursing from Southwestern Oregon Community College (Coos Bay, Oregon)
- Bachelor of Science from the University of Hawaii (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Certificate of Nurse-Midwifery and Master Of Science from Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing (Hyden, Kentucky)
- Master of Science in Nursing from Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, Ohio)